Happy New year!

I would like to wish you all a happy new year!

I hope that those of you who were expecting have had your healthy babies and I pray that your SPD gets better soon! Some recover so I pray that you all do!

My miracle baby is now a toddler and it's now showing up all the things I cannot do as a mother and I am pushing myself and hurting myself because I love my son so much!

I still have SPD and Diastastis, from july 2009 to today... my child's 13 months old.

It is my joint disability that is the worst, i have been stuck in many days and my hsuband is extremely supportive but it gets to him also.

The cold is extremely painful and I ache so much today from head to toe, my disability is heading into the bed bound direction and I am feeling more and more of a failure as a wife and a mother.

I have to be honest as a human being and I know this disability is a small sacrifice to be blessed with such a miracle baby and it is not that I do not appreciate what has happened, it is the determination in me to be a better person.

I am now doing my charity donating via the internet and I have to shop online and the best way to do that is by using auction websites.

I have so much pain in the morning and again from 3-4pm and I cannot always do my shopping around those times especially since I am having a bad week.

I have been up since 5am as my son is getting more and more teeth coming through and I wish dearly to be able to comfort him more, my husband is exhausted. I feel more of a failure because my family help us every week and the grandparents have our child 2 nights every week to help us and we only got our son back yesterday, this night of my disability pain and our son teething has exhausted both of us which means it's harder to work as a team.

I do what I can. I let my son climb onto me and i cuddle him as long as he is not kneeing me in my pelvis i am usually ok to do that and I try my best to play the games with him from my seat on the sofa.

Speaking of the sofa, it has been my home for the last 3 months and I am praying for warmer weather so I can go outside one day and just breathe, you tend to feel like you are suffocating somewhat and stress is a major problem right now as I am not allowed to be stressed.

My blood pressure gets really low when stressed and i faint. I can usually hurt my head or my joints and need carers and ambulances when this occurs really bad but right now when i feel faint i try to lie down on the sofa and cling to it really.

I keep telling myself I am doing what I can but it's hard to explain that to a child who wants you to sit on the floor with him and play and you cannot. Or when the husbands in the kitchen and you cannot chase after the child and when the child becomes attention seeking at these times and plays with things he should not have and you cannot stop him and have to call in your husband which means the only thing we can do is put the child in his highchair (which is a low chair as we removed the extension legs to make it a small chair) this makes me able to feed him from the sofa at times when i am in the least pain.

I am fed up of the morphine! I am fed up of the nerve blockers, the anti-inflammatories and the other pain relief medication... I want to be med free...

Being on such medication is consistently taking away any and all possibility of having another child in a couple of years if everything is sorted.

Right now we could not afford another child, and the house needs decorating and made more homely, but i do have the right methods to prevent pregnancy at this time, as i have to.

I disagree with abortion so i have no choice but to have the right contraceptives.

The other problem i face is socially... i look ok but i am disabled and i feel like sometimes people are expecting me to stand up jump around and be like yeah i lied. But what they should think of is why someone like me would lie about being disabled... there is nothing to gain by this, and it is something i just have to live with! I lost my home, lost my business, does no one have common sense?

Women pregnant or not who have SPD need respect and help!

I need support right now but still no signs of the heath psychologist i was promised, its only one of the charities i donate to that are offering me support because i joined. it is the charity for my joint condition.

I am worried at the moment... worried about money, worried about not having enough, i donate what i can but i am sensible with money! I cannot go on large spending sprees and our money mainly goes on food.

Our telephone and internet provider recently charged me £95 for services without telling me there was going to be a £50 increase on my bill so i have cancelled what i can!

Unfortunately we need to pay out for our free anytime calls as we make a lot of support and emergency calls to family and support workers and then there are the companies regarding bills you need to call. And we need our internet, and the thing that hits us the most right now and is consuming what money we have left is the heating.

My joint disability causes great pain when i am cold, so i wrap up all the time, i have 2 fleece blankets, comfy jogging bottoms with plenty of slipper socks, vests and jumpers, and then cardigans but my husband needs to keep the heating on and well its really expensive... but its life and right now i just want to rant about all my worries.

This is the only place i can be me.

I do not wish to be judged, just understood, and i am always willing to help others with the same and similar conditions and experiences. I just want people to realise how hard it is and hear a few home truths about being a disabled mother.

I started writing my book finally 2 days ago. I also started re-rooting one of my dolls heads (i became a doll collector as a hobby to keep me sane during these troubled times) but i have not done any more since starting, it will take me a lot longer due to my joints, and even typing has locked my left hand up now so i am typing one handed and in agony.

I guess i should come back later.

Point:  1 in 4 women go through this, temporary or permanently and you need to be aware and support them, yoru daughters, mothers, aunts, sisters, cousins, nieces, lots of women... please help us, we need you.

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business: