Update: Physio, wheelchair, registering birth, pain, meds, health visitor etc

Well right now I am on lot's of morphine. 2x 10mg of morphine slow release morphgesic tablets in AM and again in PM can be increased to 3 AM and 3 PM if needed and 4x 5ml of Oramorph allowed every 4 hours daily = 40mg Morphine.

I have had to stop breastfeeding to do this when baby was 14 days old and it's really got to me, had plenty of tears and just gutted, miss it sooo much... BUT I am more use to baby like this as it allows me to be a little more mobile sometimes. Mainly I am completely immobile and my pelvis is constantly locking up but atleast morphine is helping.

I cannot lie on flat surfaces and had to sleep on sofa for ages! I am only just in bed now by piling lots of pillows up and i mean 7 pillows in total and another one making it 8 cushions that goes under my knees.

My pelvis still locks as I have not had my O.T visit yet and the pillows keep falling over etc... so i need something else to aid me with the bed height or I am stuck immobile completely and cannot even use commode or end up stuck on sofa.

New health visitor:

Luckily our new health visitor is a nice lady, however she is defensive against my ex midwife and simply doesnt understand how unprofessional, offensive and aware that she is upsetting me as I have told her over and over again to her face and she still continues, that she is. (she said that it could have been my fault and that we may have clashed etc)

We have found health professionals are all too happy to diss us/blame us and things and allow such behaviour and malpractice to continue but are not too happy to help solve such problems or suggest PALS or any help or complaints dept, as if they actually condone such behaviour(s) and actions.

Our health visitor stated "I heard that you don't want me?" I said she must of heard that from midwife as I just said I am sick of people being in and out of my life when they are supposed to stay in my life for a while, and being passed from pillar to post like a parcel! Which I am.

I merely requested that the previous health visitor came back to us as she said she was going to be with us for 2 years. My midwife even kept saying that "she was never assigned to you" when we were told otherwise.

Just while I remember my midwife has robbed us of the opportunity we had to get healthy start vouchers whilst I was pregnant too, (Just what did she actually do? She just upset me all the time and never did her job!) Anyway we got an app form from the midwife and we have applied.

---

HAPPY DAY:

We registered our baby's birth on 3.12.09 and it was a memorable and happy day.

We did end up talking a lil' about the way I have been treated and my lack of faith in Drs etc now and the lady that did the birth cert. had some horror stories to tell us too, she saw a top consultant that could have killed her had he put her on medication he was going to (not going to explain the details as it is not our story to tell but yes the meds would have killed her) and when her partner spoke up about it the consultant ripped up the prescription and refused to discuss it further.

We have come across so many horror stories associated with SPD and now many not.

Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed registering the birth of our son and we were extremely proud to confirm his name, the name we had prior to his birth :)

About time we had a nice day! Shame I am constantly reminded of my inability to walk as it was hard to move around their offices and lift etc in my wheelchair.

---

Wheelchairs!

I phoned my old hospital O.T and got the number to change my wheelchair, having tried to get in touch with the Red Cross all day and leaving several numbers and trying to get through to the NHS wheelchair dept I was about to give up as that number was busy.

I phoned O.T dept again and thankfully got a different number for NHS wheelchair dept, which were VERY HELPFUL and sorted out a self propelling one which will help sooo much for next week, to replace my old manual wheelchair that needs someone to push.

I appreciate it always when we get some help and it is such a nice feeling when a dept. actually helps you and is polite, friendly and understanding. Very happy with that NHS dept. Very happy.

Cannot wait to have more independence when I receive my new wheelchair.

The helpful lady even said if i have any problems don't hesitate to call them! :D

----

PHYSIO:

I saw my physio yesterday and she was fantastic!

She said she cannot help me until we know for definate exactly what is wrong and was shocked to find I was left like this to struggle with a baby and that I had not had an MRI scan, a gynaecologist or a professional to help me or diagnose me.

She also knows the physio I keep asking for a referral to and I have given her permission to talk to him and my GP.

SO i am now hopeful and finally got someone who is polite, friendly, approachable and I feel like I can trust!


Popular posts from this blog

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business:

Sad times at the RVI.