Baby! My labour and SPD:

Well on the 20th November 2009 our baby boy was born :D

I was 2-3cm's dilated anyway but I had to be induced early 38+2 due to SPD pain and had my waters broken and took in my birth plan etc... The contractions were fine but the pelvic pain was unbearable and as the baby moved further down etc. it got too much so needed an epidural.

I had epidural top ups and gas and air too.

My husband was by my side throughout and he was a godsend, I am really lucky! <3

I was in labour 13 hours and tried to push the baby out for an hour - hour and a half and he was just stuck. Ended up having an emergency C-section after a second top up of epidural and he was just perfect. Apgar score of 9!

I lost a lot of blood and had a drain placed in and was given a prolene stitch with bead ends.

All in all: There will be no other moment in my husband or I's life that will come even close to the birth of our son. Apart from the SPD life is perfect!

The nurses were perfect, midwife (M) she was fantastic!!! They understood SPD and I was so glad to have changed hospitals. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business: