Consultant Appointment and Update: Monday 21st Sept.

Got collected from home today with my husband, my registered carer, via GP transport/ambulance to see my consultant.

My appointment was at 10:30am. They were running extremely late and my spd pain was getting worse. Had to go to a seperate room to inject myself with clexane.

I had weird bump sensations last night, pressure, very uncomfortable, bruising and tightening that would come and go.

Whilst I was at the hospital waiting I broke down and wanted to come home as it was horrible sitting in the waiting room in absolute agony and crying my eyes out. There was no spare room at this point.

When we finally got to see the consultant it was about 11:30am quarter to 12 but every second prior seemed like an hour with the pain I was in.

The consultant said I had Braxton Hicks last night and checked me over, the TENS machine which had helped me the last few months has stopped helping now so I handed it back over.

The consultant checked me and was extremely sensitive today, in fact he was fantastic, he listened to everything I had to say and I think realised that we are having a really bad time with the pregnancy and that is is affecting my husband too.

He was great and did an examination which fortunately showed that the cervix was closed and I was in agony during the examination and moving for the examination, much worse during to the extent I was in fact screaming and I was quite loud so people will have heard me too. I just wanted the pain to stop. The consultant said it seems anatomical and hopefully will subside after birth, fingers crossed, and discussed treatments that are available after birth.

He has referred me for acupuncture and awaiting a physiotherapist who has seen me 3 times before to get back in touch.

Better end to the day as despite the pain I was sent for a scan to check the growth of the baby, the baby is definately a boy and is healthy and happy. We got to see him properly on the screen this time and got a gorgeous picture to take home of him sucking his thumb. Truly Beautiful.

10 weeks to go, it will be so worth it...


Having come home the spd pain has unfortunately continued and I was bowled over in tears for quite some time before managing to drift off to sleep, upon awakening I am having Braxton Hicks again and spd pain is bad again. The babys head keeps going low down into my pelvis which is just adding to the pain.

So right now I am desperately hoping for a good night.... fingers crossed as I am absolutely exhausted. Well and truly kaput.

Hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel... Relieved the pains nothing sinister and the babys healthy but looking for some time to enjoy this pregnancy.

This pregnancy has confirmed that it would most definately not be wise to conceive again.


Popular posts from this blog

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business:

Sad times at the RVI.