06 August. Freedom?

On the 06th August 2009, I was told my wheelchair may not be ready for up to 2 weeks, so I was lucky enough for a relative to go to the Red Cross and pay £20.00 to hire one for 6 weeks. (You get this back but they ask you to make a donation.)

The relative brought it to my house and dropped me and the husband off in town.

This is the first time I have been out of the house properly for ages and.. well.. it was nice :)

We got fish and chips and sorted a few things that needed to be sorted out, out, and I am/was so happy to be able to see outside without being in extreme pain when moving.

My husband pushed me everywhere despite me trying to attempt to steer the thing... that was funny as I couldn't quite manage to steer straight, so I am lucky enough to have someone there who is so wonderful and helpful and made today the PERFECT day.

Its all the little things that happened today that made me feel so much better. Just the ability to go out for fish and chips, I felt on top of the world.

Oh! As my relative was about to drive away I had them in stitches laughing as I was attempting to wave at them as my husband pushed me up the ramp and all they were able to see was this moving hand behind the wall, so made me chuckle too.

I never felt as self conscious as I thought I would being in a wheelchair, although one man gave me a prolonged evil stare and when i glanced at him (twice) he never broke eye contact... this was the only unpleasant thing that occured today though.

But there is nothing as queer as folk!

When I got home, I tried moving a little and still cannot, bowled over in agony curled up as best as I could on the couch with a quilt and my Tramadol and Paracetamol, but despite being in severe amounts of pain and the little one kicking me like there is no tomorrow (Must be comfy in my tummy tum tum), was still in a happy daze due to the freedom I had today.

Overall, best day in ages.




Popular posts from this blog

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business: