03 August 2009 - Hopeful

On the 3rd of August 2009 I got a phone call from the Pelvic Partnership whom I had called previously as I found them in the NHS book that is given free to all first time mothers, (page 77 section 9 Problems, Tel number on page 150).

The lady that spoke to me explained the correct procedures and told me for the first time I had heard this, that SPD/PGP is treatable.

Simple Manual therapy from a chiropractor, osteopath or Manual Physiotherapist which your GP, Midwife or Hospital Doctor can refer you. (ALSO stated in the NHS book as mentioned above, page 77.)

I was so relieved I don't want to feel useless, disabled and worthless anymore, and this pain is getting me down.

I had already had to close my business and have a fight on my hand for benefits. (Another story).

That afternoon the Occupational Therapist arrived as expected and was absolutely fantastic. I am calling her E.

E helped make my life easier straight away by merely understanding the stress, suffering and difficulties I have in everyday life now.

She is temporarily adjusting my home to make my life easier, and my husband is still full time carer.

DLA takes 11 weeks to process (Disability Living Allowance) so we are still waiting to hear from them and Employment Support Allowance which has been sent to processing too.

E has also measured me for the much needed wheelchair.

I feel more optimistic and less depressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Sad times at the RVI.

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business: