29th July 2009 - Second Physio

On the 29th July I saw the new Physiotherapist I am going to call A.

A kept stating that I had been measured for crutches despite A not being present at the time.

A was overly defensive and was difficult to communicate with.

In the end we (me and my husband) managed to get our points accross in which she showed me some exercises which were extremely painful.

I walked a few inches whilst screaming and in agony to be measured for new crutches.

A was reluctant to issue me with a wheelchair in which A finally helped by referring me to an Occupational Therapist to query one.

A also explained that the treatments of PGP in the form of Acupuncture and water therapy require transport to go to therefore I cannot be treated those ways.

A also stated this is a problem with patients who have missing limbs.

My opinion: Just because patients with missing limbs cannot get there does not make it right for them to not provide transport for disadvantaged people including ones with missing limbs.

A also stated that I should refrain from shopping etc and have my husband do it leaving me housebound and depressed, if this was a permanent disablement, which in some cases it can be and will be for 4 months in my case, hopefully, isolating someone is merely penalising them as opposed to helping them in regards to their disablement.

We had to use a hospital wheelchair at all times in which my husband struggled to be able to help me into the disabled toilet which didnt have enough room for wheelchair access let alone access for carers.

Popular posts from this blog

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Sad times at the RVI.

Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business: