Updates: Divorced and New found Freedom

I divorced my ex husband July 2021 as he wasn't treating me the way I needed or deserved and it's a long story but I got myself out of my wheelchair and I now walk with a cane/walking stick.

Im still coming to terms with the corruption that occurred when my son was diagnosed with leukemia and I still stand by my decision to put him in the capable hands of my parents who I'm lucky to have as nearby neighbours and I'm still healing from what social services did and said to me.

S's words still echo in my mind.

"Disabled people should not be allowed to be parents. Sarah, if you ever want to do your son a favour and be the best mum like you say you want to be then you need to kill yourself."

I'm still here and since getting the ankle weights and removing toxic and draining people from my life, I am now walking albeit in MUCH more pain.

I have a much better relationship now with my son and I've had him at the cinema on the bus with me, had meals out with him and all sorts.

I'm still not the mam I wanted to be, or set out to be, but I'm still a damned good one!

I'm so proud of him. He's so smart.

He's now 13. Can you believe it!!

Here is to the end of 2022, an awkward dating life after a divorce but a year I've still done amazing work in, and here is to 2023 and to making much more progress via little baby steps.

Chip, chip, chipping away to build myself a better life around my disability.

It still has only been since 2021 that I got out of my wheelchair and I need to focus on all the progress that I have made.

I have mental health issues like PTSD and I may be a neurodivergent adult which would explain the way that people have misinterpreted and misunderstood me and manipulated my reactions and despair towards my son having to face cancer, to twist words and create a negative bias perspective of me, and reading up on autism, there is so many similarities with autism masking that I do myself.

I however know the truth and lived the corruption and I even publicly left a review of the hospital my son was in, thanking them for saving his life but also outlining the abuse and corruption that occurred there. Why lie? Why hide what they did?

They were malicious and maladaptive people with a corrupt agenda. They succeeded in breaking up a good family and putting my son in jeopardy by preventing his loving mother access to him and bowlbys attachment theory says that attachment and separation between the ages of 0-5 can be detrimental to a childs development.

Luckily I had him a year ahead of his peers with gross motor skills and education and development and that still has him in good standing today!

What else is a mother to do but to share her story to raise awareness and support and help others?!

I don't know where on the spectrum I am yet and I am a waiting assessment.

I know it's been a long time since 2013, but I thought you deserved an update.



Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

More negative affiliations:

Sad times at the RVI.