It's hard work being disabled

A lot of people don't realise that even though you, seem and appear ok, to others, that inside you're fighting a war that no one can see. 

That war is one with yourself and your body, both physically and mentally. It's exhausting.

Life is hard enough for most people without having constant overlapping painful conditions constantly slowing you down.

I wish disability awareness was mandatory in schools because there's a lot of adults these days that don't even realise they're being ablist or discriminating, or allowing assumptions or opinions to drive their behaviour.

Everyone is worthy of respect.

I'm not interested in negativity or hostility.

I say NO to that behaviour now and I know my worth.

I'm a kind natured woman who has a lot of struggles and my physical disabilities do offset my mental health so forgive me for never having the energy to deal with anything negative or unecessary. I'm not interested in being a verbal punching bag for inconsiderate types and I'm more interested in focusing on myself and making it through another day without disabilities defeating me.

I want to quit.

Life IS pain.

I don't quit though, because I have loved ones and a son that is more than a miracle.

I fight my disability because I have to.

I fight ableism so others don't have to.

I raise awareness so people don't have to endure what I've had to.

I try.


I turn my pain into power this way.

Even if I help a few people then I've helped more than I would have had I not even tried.


I won't even allow NHS staff to treat me like a burden anymore and anyone who mistreats me or disrespects my disability will be walked out on.

I'll re-arrange appointments.

I'll never ever let another human being put me in a position where they can freely and without consequences, be abusive to me, or worse.

I'm learning to use my voice and fight back.

I am an altruist whose learning her boundaries.

Now:

It's about where YOU fit in my life cause I'm good being a loner and I'm good and grateful for everything I do have. SUPER GRATEFUL! 🩷✨

But it's been built from my blood, sweat, tears and pain.

And no matter how many times the system breaks me or people push me down, I'll always rebuild. 

I got me.

I GOT me. 💯

-S xoxo





Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

More negative affiliations:

Sad times at the RVI.