2023: Lessons Learned:

 2023: Lessons Learned:


I've been trying to navigate myself through life and 2023 has taught me a lot which I extremely appreciate as it helps me to understand the world around me and why people do what they do.

So far I've learned that some people can do the most despicable things and if they're useful to people, they'll over look it. Selfishness always takes over and as long as someone is useful to them they'll even overlook any bigoted or discriminatory thoughts they have against someone themselves.

As long as they can get what they want it doesn't matter who it's from or what they do or have done.

This was a HUGE eye opener for me so I want to personally thank everyone who chose to act poorly against me this year because good things always come from bad and I needed to understand why people choose to support or condone bad behaviours and I've finally got an answer.

It helps me to avoid potential issues in future and safeguard myself as well as not take it so personally when people choose to be sadistic or horrible.

That's just who they are and if they're useful or in a position they can be useful, people will happily allow that behaviour to continue as long as they get something out of it. 💯

I don't care if you were mean to me, if you approach me with respect I'll make time for you, I'll listen to you and I'll give you a safe space to make your case. If I disagree I am honest and upfront and kind about it and if people choose to apologise for their bad behaviours that immediately earns my respect, as does the people who choose to discuss things and talk things out properly like we're meant to.

Not everyone does.


I've learned that being neurospicy when I answer questions or give actual reasons some neurotypicals will not understand and take that as excuses or become hostile.

That's because they're unwilling to see things from alternative perspectives and I'm not to take that personally either.

I've learned that some people can think I am out to get people or have a dig at people when again I hyper fixate on justice and facts because I'm neurospicy and I as an individual have every right to defend myself against any inaccurate information circulating about me. 

I've learned that some people can think I'm blunt or mean when again I'm just neurospicy, and most people won't investigate or anything, or try and understand, they assume things and use that as an excuse to target you with hate and horrendous behaviours.

I'm glad for all the people that make the space for me to clarify things and hear me out.


I accept that I'm loved as well as loved to be hated because I am different, but that's okay.


I've learned so much this year and it's always making me a better, wiser, more open-minded individual and I finally feel like I'm starting to gain 'some' understanding of the world.

I'm working on myself and when I make mistakes I face them and fix them, and I've learned this can also peeve others off because they are incapable of doing the same thing and then they find it infuriating that I do that they mislabel me as thinking I'm better than everyone else; when in reality I'm just merely doing what I believe to be the right thing in general, as well as for me.

I've learned that some people will create narratives to fit with how they 'feel' about you as opposed to listen to the facts and see you for who and how you are.

I've learned gossip is spread easily in my hometown and people are eager to jump to assumptions and create their own conclusions merely so they have a target for their own issues. They need an excuse to be mean so they jump on the nearest bandwagon that makes that possible.

I've learned that you cannot rely on the system or police to do the right thing all of the time and that more often or not individuals in such professions will themselves, choose to let you down.

I've learned that the system is still protective more so over abusive human types than non-abusive or defensive human types, and some individuals in serious positions easily abuse their power and it sadly reminds me of 2009, and 2012. The year my son got cancer.

I've learned that people will 'deindividuate' if they feel they can hide behind others and get away with things and that the people that are in power on my town don't actually want a police station here anymore despite the residents needing one.

I've learned that I am resilient despite my moments of weakness and I've learned it's ok to be weak sometimes because as a pain warrior our lives are already exceptionally harder than most peoples anyways.

I've learned I can take an intense amount of pain and I've learned that I have a voice and I can use it and people can hate me for it if they want to.

I'm still seeing more of the outside world and adventuring, and although I don't have a lot of funds and don't get very far, I still very much appreciate and enjoy the sky, nature, trees, animals, and being left in my own little world where other people can't ruin good things.

I've learned that I can set small goals and work towards them, to ultimately achieve a bigger goal and I've learned if you don't quit, there are people out there who will support you, even if it's just the odd one here and there.

I'm grateful for the lessons all the bad this year has taught me and I hope that I don't regress and forget some of them which I can do as I always focus on the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt most times which I'm working on and learning what the right boundaries are for me.

That's all I can do.


I've learned that no matter what some people will always think you're faking a disability which is illogical and un-beneficial in itself, and that the world still isn't ready to make itself accessible to all.

I've learned that people won't speak up or band together anymore to create real change as most are completely comfortable with how their lives are at the moment and that's a shame but still their decision at the end of the day.

I've learned people are quick to broadcast or judge publicly than address things personally and properly or discreetly and that most people like to judge and hate but won't actually do anything to help or change anything.

I've also learned that's it's ok for me to want things to change and believe they can if the right people do something, it's ok for me to believe in the impossible and problem solve and analyse situations for betterment or resolution.


Most importantly, I've learned life can be snuffed out any time and that the people around you need you TODAY, right NOW and that they're the ones that truly matter.


I've learned people can make bad mistakes but still want to do better and if they work at being better they can actually achieve it.

I've learned most of the cards I receive this year are from the charities I support as opposed to people but I'm still new at making friends having been housebound etc and the right people will find me and love me for who and how I am. They'll accept me and work with me as I will for them.

This was supposed to be a short summarised blog entry but I guess these lessons have ALL been important and by writing this I've found I've learned a lot more than I even realised myself.


I send love and positivity to everyone (yes even you that love to hate me 💋) and I hope something good happens to you all this December!

Let's hope 2024 brings us all plenty of blessings, and may they be more than any hardships we have to face.

Lots of love this Christmas. 🎄


A shout out to my fam too, last but not least, whoop whoop! ❤️


S. xoxo


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


#lessons #life #whativelearned #whatthisyearhastaughtme #2023Lessons #disabledblogger #endurance #highsandlows #invisibleconditions #lifeinpain #blogger #disabilityawareness #disabledblogger #disabledartist #kawaiidolldecora #christmas #winter #DecemberToRemember #mentalhealthsupport #mentalhealth #mentalhealthmatters #mentalhealthadvocate #DisabledAdvocate #community #communityspirit #CommunityEmpowerment 


Image: 5 things you should know about Christmas and mental health:




Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: