Miss you...

This one personally goes out to one of the best men I ever had the pleasure of knowing, my guide, my idol, smart, kind, self-aware and so missed by us all.


πŸ₯ΊπŸ«ΆπŸΌ 


Gone but never forgotten: πŸ₯€

(Poem)


I light a candle

It brightens up this room

Like your smile did

That beautiful afternoon


I light a candle

And I watch it dance

As I remember you dancing

To your favourite bands


I light this candle

For all those gone 

Who remain in our memories

Lived on by loved ones


I light this candle

For all the tears that were shared 

For all of the pain and all of the fears

And the sorry's I never said


I light this candle

With a heavy heart 

For I wasn't quite ready

For you to depart


I still had aspirations

I wished we had more time

But most of all I light this candle, 

because the blessing of your existence,

... was actually mine.


I was blessed to know you,

Which is why it's so hard to let you go,

So I light this candle,

To make sure that you know.


That we will always love you,

And think of you with care,

You were an inspiration,

So thank you for being there.


Gone but never forgotten.

This candle is lit for you.

May the memories continue to shine brightly,

Until it's our time to accompany you.


I light this candle

On this dark night

So you know I still love you

And keep your memory alive.


May I keep lighting candles,

And see your face in the sky,

May your wisdom stay with me,

May, I say, goodbye.πŸ₯€


---

Written by S.W

21:38hrs Thur 7 Dec 2023

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡


Dedicated to all those we've lost and who we will carry with us, in our hearts, and in our souls. ❤️


----


I thought about you a lot today as I saw your photograph dangling from the Christmas tree. You were so smart and such a great teacher, when I lost you at 11 life changed, you had been my inspiration, you embraced my creative sides and let me help you garden and I still smell those pea pods! You live in my head and you've taken root there. You influence my decisions every single day, having me question and analyse everything and think outside of the box, you're the reason I still endure and survive and never quit despite the odds and what life brings. 


You showed me resilience and patience and even you could still see the world as if through childlike wonder. I admired that of you and I'm so grateful to have that ability too. Another one of the greatest gifts I never got to thank you for.


I close my eyes and I'm taken back to you, birdwatching from the kitchen in the bungalow and telling me about all the different birds and having to make sure I stay quiet as I must have been very loud and excited about them!! πŸ˜… *Sorry*


Your shadow stays with me, to which I'm grateful for, equally so, as those, who are around me and support me right now. I'm building wonderful memories with them which is all I'd ever wanted. I'm surprised I've made it this far and I still don't understand this world but my words hold weight and I know my own mind.


You gave me that confidence, you were always the one to stand up for what's right and defend the little guy. You taught me of history of wars and things and animals and countries and the books you got me, I still have. Along with a Frankenstein drawing you did. I'm lucky that ended up in my possession. 


You'd love my son!


He's weird and quirky, but kind like his mam. You'd be so proud! He reminds me of you sometimes, especially when he speaks a lot of technical stuff about games and everything. I understand some of it thankfully.


He wants to make people smile too, he's growing into a really smart and kind lad.


I wonder what it'd be like having dinner with you again, you taught me so much, you were like a walking encyclopedia and were always so interesting to me. 


I believe you're the reason I am how I am, and how ive got to this point. You taught me so much and I know I never got to say goodbye or see you off to heaven but there's not a day goes by I don't think of you.


Thank you for spending so much time giving me that informative headstart in life. I hope I can succeed and become a great writer someday. I want you to be proud.


We all miss you, I see it in their faces, especially when they see a picture of you. That sadness creeps in, their big eyes, and that feeling hits my chest and takes my breath for a moment. 


We all love you and we miss you and I wish I could have shown you the one thing I've got right in life, him, my son. πŸ₯ΊπŸ«ΆπŸΌ


S.


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


#loss #grief #blog #family #candle #candles #youaremissed #blogger #DisabledAdvocate

Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: