Community isn't what it used to be here in my hometown:

NGL, (not going to lie), I love that I'm from Aycliffe and all my family are too, but lately there's one thing that's happening with people on this town that just breaks my heart.


When bad things happen or someone is hurt, when delays happen, mistakes happen, negative choices happen, instead of supporting one another like this community used to do, they now start acting hateful to those who are sharing their struggles.


Instead of holding organisations and people accountable for the struggles, issues or whatever problems have arisen, instead of seeking solution and fixing things, they seem to try and defend the organisations or people simply because they were beneficial to 'them'.


This not only invalidates people who are enduring problems but it condones the poor behaviours and mistakes/errors of people and no one improves and nothing is properly addressed and it leads to no resolution and hate towards whomever was brave enough to speak out about such struggles.


This needs to change in my personal opinion.


Accountability can't be overlooked and the blame can't be shifted to those who endured such issues.


People know by now that I suffered a wrongdoing from a charitable organisation and I was offered nothing but stress and hate and threats. There was no apology and because a lot of people on MY hometown, where I still live, had benefited from this organisation they decided that instead of helping to resolve any issues and hold the CORRECT people accountable, it was easier to lie about me, spread hate about me and that lead to endangerment of myself on my own towns streets, with online hate campaigns and threats.


Why are we so keen to silence victims instead of supporting them? 


By 'WE' I mean YOU all because I certainly won't ever silence anyone whose struggling or dealing with ANY problems, especially unprovoked and uncalled for.


Please consider that it COULD HAVE BEEN YOU instead of them, and then how you, YOU would have felt, and even if you would be OK with the mistreatment or issues, it doesn't mean everyone is, especially when some people's circumstances are dire in comparison.


Please think first!


Thank you.

S. xo

KawaiiDollDecora 

Admin

Aycliffe Uncensored 🩷


#disabilityinclusion #disabilityawareness #support #community #accountability #reality #facts #newtonaycliffe

Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: