Fumbling broken pieces of yourself:

I watched a video today where a mother really struggled to accept or trust or believe in the help offered.

The boy and her story is so heartbreaking...

All I could think of in that moment is, how my heart was in my mouth and how I hoped so badly she'd take it but remembering how often I don't...I couldn't take it either 😭 I'd struggle too... Isn't it odd that those of us who fight so hard to support others and do our best, can't actually accept help because whenever we have tried to accept help in the past it's gone really traumatically badly... 🥺❤️❤️❤️ I can give, I can help, I can support and as a disabled artist I'm an advocate for disabilities, differences and mental health awareness, but if I didn't earn something, it's extremely difficult to accept, even if we wanted to, we'd feel guilty or like we're bad people, so we don't. 

This is because that's how life has moulded us... My heart honestly goes out to every other individual who feels this way! 

We do our best with very little in return but we endure because we value the things that most overlook, actual connection, real support, authenticity, hope, and we constantly challenge ourselves and strive to do better.

I'm happy with a cheap coffee, a book, under a tree or in a window on cosy nights and extremely happy whenever I get to watch trees or nature.

I was bedbound for 8 years approximately and it was absolutely soul - destroying but I picked myself up and I'm still fumbling with the pieces.

I'll get there, and so will you.

I believe in you.

You got this.

S. xoxo


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: