Durham County Council: update:

The escalation of the bulky waste issues didn't change anything so next step is the ombudsman.

I went to the Ombudsman today and explained the following:

The organisation has contradictory information on their do it online website as it states 'where your bins are emptied' (which is in gardens for the assisted list) 

I paid as advised by housing association Livin for bulky waste to be removed from my garden as a mobility impaired individual. 

They have no assistance policies or procedures for the disabled for bulky waste at this time and won't refund me even though they clearly are discriminating against me by expecting me to be able to move the items which my disability prevents. 

Not only will they NOT refund but they won't book another collection, their system is failing the most vulnerable as they don't cross reference addresses or follow up with phone calls. I can't afford to pay again and I will end up with a fine and things because they fail to support their most vulnerable customers. 

This is highly unsatisfactory and penalising the most vulnerable customers. 

Disability Discrimination has not been taken seriously in my complaint.


I explained how it has affected me personally:

It has offset my depression and mental health which adds to my chronic pain as a disabled individual and I'll end up with a criminal record or a fine because they refuse to do their job I paid for because they expected me as a mobility Impaired woman to move heavy items I simply can't. 

Their policies and procedures need updating to support disabled individuals as it is discriminatory as it is at this time. 

They need to do better for disabled customers. 

I've been seriously impacted by this and hate my garden and rarely go outside now. 

I need help, not my money taken and jobs not done because they expect me to do things my disability prevents. Legally that's discrimination.


I explained what I feel needs to be done:


1.Remove the bulky waste as I've already paid.


2.Reword their do it online system and ...


3. possibly have a check box for disabled individuals to receive a call from them prior to collecting.


It's not hard to accommodate disabled people and yet Durham county council is highly failing us.


If I made this mistake due to the wording then lots of other vulnerable people can and they will be taking money for jobs they're not doing.


_____


Now, all I can do is wait... 

There needs to be better Accessibility online for people who don't actually like telephone calls to be able to use, I honestly thought Durham County Council would consider the points I made regardless of whether or not they fit the black and white policies they judge their servicemen on because the complaint was not actually about the servicemen but the service itself, applying and paying for the service online and not having the same support as telephone users do. Not to mention the wording of the website, and the fact they have actually charged me for services I have not received and therefore penalised me for being disabled and unable to meet the requirements as stated online. 

Basically it's my fault and my disabilities fault I can't use their services because I can't put the items kerbside.

Sounds like a fine or penalisation to me in a way, and yet I am expected to pay again and request the same services again...

I'm neurodivergent and I find it easier doing things without social interaction. 

It takes a lot of stress and anxiety away, and yet they're depriving us Neurospicy individuals of having the same access to disability support on the Internet as they do over the phone.

Whether I'll be taken seriously or not, I don't know but sometimes you still have to use your voice to try and action positive change. 

All any of us can do is try...


S. Xoxo

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

I'd not be a very good disability advocate if I don't advocate now would I... ✨😆✨







Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: