Keeping busy and trying to focus on my business:

⚠️TW: Sexual harassment at work:⚠️

After the fight with the council over my garden bulky waste, I went back into a deep depression and even my housing officer noticed.

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle to get people to care about the disabled, especially when it's professionals and organisations we rely on.

Durham county council's email had me horrified and I escalated it and will be taking it further.

Even if they reword their website so they're not robbing the disabled, it would be an improvement!

They should rebook at no cost or at least call people to ensure and check, or cross reference addresses with the assist list.

But that would mean actually doing work and I worked for the council before actually, and it was pathetic who they hired and how they almost lost the council their recycling/bins contract and yet you get the blame, even though you were only a temp and you did the work of three people as one lady designed t-shirts and the other planned her wedding.

I wasn't even at work when they nearly lost the contracts and they nearly lost them because I told BOTH girls that they'd need to do work, email the lady I stated and print the rota's. They could not be bothered and the male boss couldn't care for facts. I lost my job and no loss to me but definitely a good worker gone for them. One hundred percent their loss. 

I also told the manager lady that they'd told me to take the day off because of the council worker that confused me and had dragged me into the disabled toilet and exposed himself.

As a neurodivergent individual I was confused as to what was going on because it was so surreal. He'd written a sexual note which the council confiscated but my ex husband had seen.

I had assumed he wanted help but didn't realise he meant that kind of help, the note read 'i need to cum'.

It confused and panicked me at work and as I'm CPTSD there was also an element of denial. Unfortunately.

I told the police they said no point, it's a he said she said. Now I think I know why all the female temps before me didn't last very long at that office and I was NOT allowed to tell anyone what happened so I got bullied in the office afterwards and they did silly things like hide my food and drinks.

Plus I also did the manager of the teams work when they went away. So running my business was way easier than dealing with pathetic people and office politics.

I later went on to speak to a female M.P who basically told me I had NO rights as I was a temp.

 This was in 2008 the Tuesday after the weekend I got married and it was at the council offices.

I did write a report on the incident in HR but they all weren't kind to me.

I saw the culprit later on, he had a disability himself and clearly used it to be toxic to women, he saw me when I was pregnant and in my wheelchair and he went white as a sheet here in Aycliffe town.

I haven't seen the sexual predator since.

They fire those capable so I'm not surprised, office politics often get in the way of work being done and I think the council needs a disabled representative and it doesn't even have to be me.

I'd do it, of course I would, but they definitely need one!

I'm horrified that this is how the council is in 2024. Taking money and leaving the most vulnerable without help.

Crazy world we live in.

Crazy.


S. 


KawaiiDollDecora 🩷 ✨ 


To keep distracted from the stress this has caused I have been making jewellery for my Etsy, I just don't understand why compassion is so lacking these days and I guess I need to accept that I never will.

Maybe it's time to get the M.P involved with council and lack of support for most vulnerable residents... Let's see what response I get from escalation first.

Atleast all of this can go in my book because it's part of the struggles a disabled person faces on the daily.


Enjoy some of my cute items whilst I go and try and meditate to relax from all of this additional and unnecessary stress.






All available on my Etsy which you can access from my homepage:

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡
www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡

I also updated the site to include my stock image portfolio now too.

🩷🩷🩷

Wish me luck fellow warriors!
I'm gonna need it to change the system and the world!
✨✨✨


Popular posts from this blog

Life is complicated and definitely for living:

Sad times at the RVI.