Talking Mental Health:

Let's talk mental health today, since my own depression has been kicking my butt.


As women, it would give me great pleasure to see many other women allowing the space for others, making sure there's thoughtful communication and less hate. More compassion and understanding and less ego feeding and belittling.


I'm not perfect and I'm equally as flawed as many other human beings but it's really hard to deal with mental health when other people are so disconnected and disrespectful and quick to judge and hate.


My brain tells me that my existence annoys everyone and although I know it doesn't, it can still feel that way.


I'm neurospicy and often misunderstood and an easy target for cowards online which then hate how I handle things and how I advocate and speak up for myself and defend myself.


Against armies of hate.


Little me.


Depression is like a storm that follows you around with your demons, raining and tainting and distorting anything positive you experience, always making you fearful and anxious and worried and I feel this image depicts it greatly.


You can feel suffocated, like you're drowning, just to try and stay afloat and navigate the world that just doesn't seem to becoming any better and just seems to continue to grow hateful and destructive.


The more you try and run the heavier the water makes it and you can't escape the bad thoughts in your mind.


You need to acknowledge that these are fears and anxieties and that this distorted perception of negativity will only lead to self sabotage and more harm and hurt, so you process it as best you can and try and face the day.


Now, when you have other conditions on top of depression this is where it gets really difficult.


My physical pain condition already tortures me on the daily and that's exactly what it is, torture. 


So if I'm too busy fighting my body and my mind I really don't have time to 'prove' myself to people who fail to see me and clearly don't intend to.


Their issues they don't just throw at me but anyone they can justify hate towards so they can have a verbal punching bag.


This is spiteful, shameful and disgusting behaviours.


People who love to hate-laugh react to everything serious, including people sharing vulnerable statements about their mental health, is not okay.


It never was and never will be, especially if they're a survivor.


Don't become like the abusers.


Change the world for the better.


Stop being so disconnected.


There are people with struggles you know nothing about behind the profiles you judge so quickly and easily to justify hate and abuse.


Don't forget that.


Women should be building women up, but unfortunately too many don't actually care about others and just want to 'appear' to for popularity.


I care whether people realise it or not.


I do good things whether people see it or not.


It's not for them anyways, it's to make the world better and help others like me.


We don't fit in.


We tried.


But that doesn't mean we aren't worthy of taking up space too.


Use your voices for actioning positive change.


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


#distortedreality #surrealism #mentalhealthawareness #disabledartist #disabilityinclusion #support #art #wirestock #navigatingthestormsoflife #mentalhealth #women #people #depression #anxiety #change




Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: