Awareness is ALWAYS the key to change:

I wish my hometown was more supportive of raising awareness about disabilities and the issues the disabled face.


I tried to post these two awareness posts to Anything Aycliffe (needs to change its name to Elitism Aycliffe πŸ₯ΉπŸ˜‘) and they were declined, no explanation, nothing.


I have also faced issues when attempting to address mobility issues on their platform, especially in connection with a local food bank. πŸ˜₯


Hence I created Aycliffe Uncensored to make sure people can use THEIR voice properly in our community without being censored, silenced or reported.


We need to make room for ✨DIFFERENT✨ in our town and we need to UP the community spirit!


Thankfully I will be on Around Town - Aycliffe Radio soon where I will be sitting down with the great Phillip Hawkins to discuss the issues the disabled face, especially invisible conditions and the difficulty it is to get diagnosed and the daily struggles we face including but not limited to pain, mobility, accessibility etc.


So keep an eye out for that.


Also I'm not hating on Anything Aycliffe I'm just saying that disability deserves a space on their platforms too!


Negativity, censorship, etc is never the answer.


We need to tackle these issues HEAD ON if we're to create a better community here in Newton Aycliffe!


I tried to work with one of the charities on helping the mobility impaired as I also asked for an apology for how I was treated so poorly when seeking help, they didn't apologise and threatened all aspects of my life.


Hate solves nothing.


Disabilities are difficult enough we should be working together not trying to use things you don't understand as an excuse to have an easy verbal punching bag.


Verbal aggression is completely unnecessary. No matter who they are or what charity they work for.


I will always speak up about the difficulties the mobility impaired face and although I had every right to request a meeting and an apology I can only ever focus on making positive changes with those who are willing and kind and caring enough to work with me.


My blog is http://pgpandspd.blogspot.com


More needs to be done to make the world more accessible and disability friendly and it STARTS with awareness and education! πŸ’―πŸ«ΆπŸΌ


I prefer working with people towards positive change and have no interest in being negative or bringing people down, the world's hard enough without anyone adding to the difficulties, but although that is my opinion I do understand that some people don't mean to be as abusive as they are.


In those cases we still need ableism awareness and disability awareness and education.


No matter what, people can BE better and DO better.


Awareness is the KEY to change!


S. W. 🩷🩷🩷


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


#awareness #ayclifferadio #positivity #kindness #educationmatters #support #disabilityawareness #disabilitysupport #disabilityrights #disabilityinclusion 


Let's hope Anything Aycliffe has a change of heart moving forward and become more inclusive of raising awareness in regards to disabilities. 😊🫢🏼✨✨✨


#wontlosehope 


🩷🩷🩷





Images: The evidence of declined attempts at raising important disability awareness.


Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

More negative affiliations:

Sad times at the RVI.