Durham county council: Accessibility Denied ⛔

So this is what the council and binmen think of disability and accessibility huh!


There's no way I can sort that as they've literally blocked me in so I can't open the gate to even attempt to move it and it's on its side.


Thank you so much for caring about us disabled, it's not like our life is hard enough...


S.

Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


#shameful #accessibilityawareness #newtonaycliffe #binmen #support #countydurham #durhamcountycouncil 


Durham County Council 🥺


Update: I spoke to a kind lady via the telephone and the council are sending someone out to move it for me. I am down as an assisted individual due to my dynamic disabilities, the lady was kind and polite and very helpful and updated the account and I just need to wait for an email to come through.

I still needed to document this because there is a lot of space in the whole drive they could have placed it and they chose to place it where I'm blocked.

I know an abled bodied person may be able to shove it or kick it but I would struggle picking it back up as I'm achy today, that's if I shoved at it with my walking stick through the gap in the gate.

I'm pleased the council have been notified of the matter and they are rectifying it.

Thankfully I don't have any appointments or anything to get to this morning so it's not as problematic as it could have been. 

-KawaiiDollDecora 🩷




Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

More negative affiliations:

Sad times at the RVI.