Wirestock Art Journey: (Mystery solved!)

So ..


Having set up wirestock, and paid that setting up fee for portfolio access for a year and 200 uploads, I thought I was all set for my stock image journey.


Turns out I was wrong.


A customer has come forth to me having purchased the image I was excited about selling recently, and explained that they did not pay $5 for the digital licence / print (which $3.50 seems reasonable commission on) and that wirestock did in fact charge them $30.50.


They are more mortified than I am on the commission I've earned and think I should sell all my stock images via email.


Any other wirestock users here want to talk us through your own personal experiences, because my art journey will be documented in a book and published online and this is an important factor of it.


Thank you.


Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷✨


Author/Blogger/Artist

Disability Advocate


@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡


#wirestock #commissions #art #kindnessmatters #DisabilityPositive #Disabilityinclusion #fairroyalties #transparency #kawaiidolldecora #disabledartist 


Wirestock is their official Facebook page.


Below are the images of the portfolio, price settings and the customers transactions. There are two screenshots of the email I have sent to wirestock support regarding this matter.

In all honesty I was under the impression you kept way more commission if you spent the $119 on the portfolio, but I didn't take a screenshot of that as I should have.








Here are the screenshots of the FAQ and selling page:





...and so the journey continues...

Update: I'm a plank!🤣

After some digging it turns out the customer paid for print services so I did sell them the print license for only $5 and got $3.50 commission.

Just waiting to hear back from wirestock now. 
But Mystery Solved!
Yay!


Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

Sad times at the RVI.

Life is complicated and definitely for living: