Swallow wHole: (poem)

Swallow wHole: (poem) 


The clock stops dead

And I'm stuck in my head

Realising I'm not a malfunction

And the doctors are the problem


I went to them with stress and anxiety

As a teenage girl in society

Only to be filled with pills

And the idealism spoonfed to us at will 


Poisoning our minds until we're programmed just right

To follow as sheep and never see the light

But these same doctors mess up a lot

And as my meds werent made up

I remembered all I'd forgot 


That talk is cheap but talk therapy is expensive

It's easier to drug and go on the offensive

Than to tell a teen it's normal to be abnormal

And it's ok to be different to what it says on the tin.


Now close your eyes and open your ears

Let us drive you farther into your fears

Let us manipulate all of your tears

Until we own and control you and all of your peers.


Open wide my child

Let me tell you you're the problem

Let me push this poison into your skin

So you can try and fit in

But never truly fit, so we can control you from within.


@KawaiiDollDecora

(Insta)

(Facebook page)


00:50hrs Fri 7 May 2021


My poetry share


#beingbravehere #thisisasafespace


Artwork by me. 'what was I made for?'

http://pgpandspd.blogspot.com

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk



Image is a digital art piece 'What was I made for?'.

Popular posts from this blog

It's a slap in the face for the disabled...

More negative affiliations:

Sad times at the RVI.