My collection:

 My collection: (poem)


I miss the hand holding,

But I don't miss the bruises left from the harm.


I miss the cuddles,

But not the coercion, belittling or lack of calm.


I miss the company,

But not the fear and tension.


I miss the comforting,

But not when it was intermittent or non-existent.


I miss the daftness and the laughs,

But not the mood changes and the scars.


I miss the fun we had,

But not the fun you had at my expense.


I miss the connection,

But you connected with everything and everyone at a fast pace.


I miss the late night talks,

But not the fact you never saw me as a human.


I miss the love,

Even if it was just an illusion.


I've collected all the good parts,

Put them in a box tied with a bow.


I flick through them sometimes, wishing you were the person you faked to be, such a good show.


I've taken all the trauma, the pain and the bad,

Put them in a different box, never to be opened again, locked hard.


I may miss aspects and I may hold the good we had gently,

But I'll never look at the bad again, I've lived through enough, it's plenty.


Never thought I'd be a collector, of the good parts of people's souls, but yet here I am acknowledging it all, and choosing what to keep and what to let go.


A soul is our main possession, made up of all that we are and do, it's weird how no one has ever, chosen to collect pieces of me too.


I wonder if people out there, have parts of me boxed up with a bow, memories they visit fondly, but yet I'll never know.


The world is mostly cruel, cold and very unkind, but atleast I can treasure the good parts, and keep them in my mind.


My heart is exhausted, and single is great when it's a step up from abuse, but what if you're a hopeless romantic, and all you wanted was someone to never lose.


Maybe we don't get what we want in life, maybe that's everyone's curse, but I know for sure one thing atleast, I'll bring more positive than I'll ever bring hurt.


Sarah Wingfield Author 🌹


00:57 

Mon Sept 16 2024

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡




Popular posts from this blog

I'm done with Bishop Auckland college:

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted: