Rachel Reeves, Chancellor impacting the elderly:




Since Rachel Reeves hatched a ridiculous plan to scrap winter fuel payments I have been working with other petitioners to bring to her attention how damaging this would be for the citizens of Britain.

I sent this email to Rachel via Organise;

----

Chancellor, Rachel Reeves, 

British citizens matter, therefore I’m writing to you to express my concern over the current plan to scrap winter fuel payments for over 10 million pensioners in the UK. 


Have you lost your mind? No? Have you lost your compassion? Maybe:


Although the payments will stay for those on pension credit and other means tested benefits, this decision will harm many pensioners who are just above the threshold and prevented from receiving pension credit. The loss of between £100 and £300 will send so many pensioners into debt or force them to choose between heating and eating this winter.


Our elderly and vulnerable MATTER even when you choose to ignore their needs.


I am one of almost 30,000+ Organise members who have more common sense than you and have joined the campaign since Tuesday calling for you to reverse this decision and consult pensioners first. 


These are valued members of society!


Almost 1 million pensioners in the UK live in deprivation already. Taking away a vital payment will push more pensioners into the poverty trap. Please don't discard people, they matter!


Here are some of the reasons why those aged 66 and over are joining this campaign: 


“The allowance meant that I could at least put the heating on even if it was for a short time. Now I fear the winter months, and afraid I may die of hypothermia. Means testing the allowance means those who need it may no longer be allowed to receive it. I don't have pension credit having been refused it before and I have to find £450 each month for the rent. Why pick on the old and the sick? Why not pick on those with the broadest shoulders? I just hope my rent doesn't go up further as I know that again the energy payment is set to increase. It's so unfair.”


"I personally am just above the threshold to qualify for pension credits. I am a single person claiming state pension and also have a small NHS pension. I do not even have a minimum wage income. I can foresee me not using my central heating this winter.”


"Why should pensioners struggle to keep warm in winter and put food on the table when they have spent their working lives paying their NI? If pensioners can't keep warm, it will result hypothermia and other related illnesses. Pensioners deserve to enjoy their retirement with dignity. The government said it would tax the high-earners but they are penalising the least privilege. Million and billionaires should be made to pay their taxes and tax avoidance should be clamped down upon."


The last few years Pensioners struggled and rode buses to keep warm, is this how you thank them for being loyal to Britain? I bloody hope not!


Do better!


I look forward to hearing from you soon.


Kind regards,


Sarah Wingfield 


----


Let's hope this email lands with some free common sense for Rachel in her inbox!

Our vulnerable and elderly matter! 💪🏻🌹


Want to help?


Join in with the petition today:


Click HERE for the Organise Petition


Thank you


Sarah

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk 



Popular posts from this blog

I'm done with Bishop Auckland college:

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted: