I wish people understood how defending somewhere that's caused harm is supporting abuse:

 


My friend is off to hospital and I'm trying to regulate my emotions as I feel like I'm hyperventilating... I had to leave and I'm at the bus stop to go home now and I really hope she's ok but I can't be around there where I'm not allowed access to services... πŸ₯ΊπŸ’” Major PTSD trigger... Wish I was stronger and bad behaviour of others didn't still sting like a mofo xx 😒πŸ₯Ί

Also someone commented that they have had exceptional service from the practice as if it COULD NEVER happen to them and by doing so they're supporting abuse and invalidating my experiences instead of being compassionate and caring about it happening in the first place.

They don't realise it could have been them and their baby it happened to.

Why do people go out of their way to brag about it when they're treated well INSTEAD of being shocked that another HUMAN WAS NOT!


I don't understand this world and I don't want to.


Abuse is abuse, just cause it didn't happen to you doesn't mean that it won't, that it could not or that  it's ok.


Wish people had a heart.


I am strong.

My worth is not defined by people who can't be kind.

I am calm.

I have a lot I'm blessed with.

I won't let the bad of the past interfere with today.

I am doing a lot of good.

I am working hard.

I will be ok.


I'm used to people defending abuse because the abusers didn't harm them, it's still heartbreaking though and the last thing I need when trying not to have a break down because of being triggered in town.


Thanks for caring though *rolls eyes* wish they did care then no one would have to endure abuse.


Meh.


---


I'm always taken the wrong way too, I get hurt and sometimes I get emotional but I correct myself, at the end of the day I can't pretend to understand a town with townsfolk that will write a contradictory comment to a post where someone is suffering, or something bad happened, instead of being kind, shocked or wanting to help to make sure it never happens to anyone ever again.


I accept that that's my issue however and I accept I can't make people see how them posting positive advocating posts on a post where someone confides trauma doesn't help or change anything, just makes the victim of the abuse feel less deserving or like it's their fault they were hated on or abused and in my eyes that's just not okay.


If people want to think my compassion and kindness makes me entitled, or if they want to hate or make assumptions about me, I can't change that but no matter what I will always action positive change to stamp out ALL abuse, period, because once is one times too many no matter who the victim is, so I'm continuing regardless.


With or without their support.


People matter to me and always will.


Sarah.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm done with Bishop Auckland college:

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted: