ASD and Society:

 As I'm currently studying the understanding autism course via Lincoln College.

https://www.sciencealert.com/earliest-biological-signals-of-autism-found-in-mini-brains-experiment


This article is quite interesting; I am currently looking at how the diagnostic statistical manual has updated - DSM-5 - and how most previously named isolated autistic spectrum disorders are now no longer diagnosed using such terminology and instead are diagnosed under a more generalized umbrella term of ASD. Autistic spectrum disorder.


There still needs to be more research into conditions like this. And I feel that undiagnosed and diagnosed individuals should have more say in regards to curriculum and how they are described as individuals. 


I am an open minded individual and so it was basic common sense for me to understand that every autistic individual is completely different with different traits, however, society hasn't seemed to have that kind of open-mindedness and a lot of people previously felt like if they met one autistic person, they suddenly understood autism and it was too generalised.


Ultimately, if people just approached everyone and anyone, irregardless of any diagnosis or not, with basic respect and the space and patience to try and understand, learn, and become aware of who and how they are as an individual, we wouldn't have encountered some of the problems that the curriculum I'm currently studying has outlined. 


Unfortunately, society is still judgmental, still ignorant, still focused with malicious intent and agendas, and until more people can give themselves a shake and snap out of this conditioned way of being accepted by the majority and instead focused solely on bettering themselves and being a safe space for others, working on thoughtful communication and helping themselves in the process, we would be a far better society as a whole and would be even more inclusive of differences. 


Obviously as a writer this is my perspective and I'm always interested in hearing what other individuals think in regards to society and conditions such as ASD, I definitely am on the spectrum, I have traits, and all I can do is hope for a diagnosis in future but irregardless of whether I get the label or not, People in the community could actually make a huge positive difference to people's lives just by being patient, asking for clarification before responding, listening to understand, instead of ignoring people actually communicate with people, be active in allowing other people to say things that they may disagree with - that's life, learning how to agree to disagree, and basically, once this societal change happens then as a whole, I think we'd get a lot more done and have a lot more intellectual input in regards to important topics, as well as resolution for a lot of problems.


Unfortunately, too many people try and dictate others, patronize others, and make assumptions and judgments without having the full facts and until this changes, then we're not going to have the safe spaces for inclusion of disabilities are people with ASD. 


Let's hope the adults can learn how to continue learning post school and try and better themselves so they can actually be better for those around them and contribute in a more positive way to their own communities and families. 


I sometimes come across as blonde but I would rather be straight to the point and direct with what I have to say then beat around the bush. 


I always remain politics and thoughtful and I'm only responsible for me. 


What your thoughts? 

(Drop me an email on my website or a message on social media)

Kawaii Doll Decora 🩷 ✨ 


@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡

www.facebook.com/swingfieldauthor


#autism #asd #send #disabilitysupport #disabilityawareness #inclusion #EmbracingDifferences




Popular posts from this blog

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted:

More negative affiliations: