Little goals = Big wins

 


I put in a lot of work and effort behind the scenes in all that I do, and it's nice when you can see all your efforts coming into fruition.

I'm excited to be starting a position with a charity that helps women and children in the UK and India and I'm excited to get started with the Podcast team.

Today I'm continuing my understanding autism level 2 course online and then I'll be attending my towns council meeting.

I'll be working towards finalising the book illustrations for another authors children's book and I am definitely keeping busy!

Lately when advocating for accessibility, people don't seem to understand or care enough to want to understand.

There's been online discussions of charities and accessibility and by mentioning what they can improve upon people seem to assume you're invalidating the good work they already do and choose to hate on you or accuse you of being negative.

That's not the case.

When a charity starts up, they should consider the disability discrimination acts when setting up support for local people.

This means that they need to incorporate deliveries, whether or not they choose to charge, so the most vulnerable can access the support.

A charity offering support to only some people will always seem problematic to me, so forgive me if I don't understand why they can't care for the elderly, disabled or more vulnerable.

If people want to think I'm dismissing the work the charity does, which in fact I'm not, that's their issue.

Even positives can be improved upon, when did people become so keen on becoming obstacles to positive change or think themselves superior enough to dismiss or judge or even support charities letting people down; having people suffer without support?

I will never apologise for advocating for accessibility or actioning positive change.

If people want to be an obstacle and take you the wrong way, maybe they should look at using their energy to actually make the positive changes necessary so everyone can get support.

Everyone is worthy of support.

Transportation and lack of access should not be an issue in modern day society and yet people will only care when they're the ones in that position, having to go without, having their mental health impacted, having no access to food banks etc.

No, sorry, this needs to change.

Charities should already have implemented accessibility when setting up their charity, but disabled people and vulnerable people always get overlooked and talked down upon when mentioning their struggles.

The awful attitudes are unnecessary, I'm glad people find the charity useful but what's the point in offering support to the most vulnerable IF the most vulnerable cant access it?

I struggled with my dog food parcel and Nassl charged £10, accessibility is possible, even at cost, so why aren't charities doing more?

Just food for thought.

Sarah

@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡

#accessibility #charities #disabilityinclusion

Popular posts from this blog

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted:

More negative affiliations: