Some Truths about our current industry:

Some #truths about our current industry:




I absolutely hate seeing people with genuine projects, actual work underway and real opportunities get ignored, while vague ideas that may never even be made get loads of attention.

Some people seriously need to start recognising the difference between somebody who is actively producing work and somebody who is constantly talking about what they might do.

This is the film industry. Ideas are easy. Execution matters. 👊🏻🔥

There are real filmmakers, writers, actors and producers putting time, money and effort into projects right now, and some of you are missing genuine opportunities because you’re chasing concepts instead of action.

I’m currently rewriting my own script, and I was also behind My Creepy Café podcast. Vanessa Gudgeon even filmed an episode, I created the music, logo and did the editing.

🔥 We did the work, got none of the credit. 🔥

I know first-hand how much work goes into getting something off the ground, and I also know what happens when one person is left carrying the momentum. Eventually, nothing moves unless somebody else does the work.

I was their friend, so I’m not saying this from the outside looking in. I still wish them well, but I’ve taken a step back until there is something genuinely tangible to support, because I’ve already invested over a year of my own time and energy.

There have been opportunities available that many hard-working creatives would love to have, including podcast opportunities, and too often they have been left unanswered or followed by another apology.

And that’s what irks me: an apology without changed behaviour changes nothing.

It becomes incredibly frustrating when people who consistently show up, create, organise, finish and deliver are overlooked, while others continue receiving attention for plans that never become real projects.

I just can’t sit back and watch people get excited, invest their time and get their hopes up over projects that repeatedly go nowhere.

It’s devastating watching people chase ideas that never materialise, especially when the people behind them won’t do the work unless somebody else carries it for them.

So please:

Support the people who actually show up.
Support the people who finish what they start.
Support the people putting in the work behind the scenes. 🎬

Because ideas can sound exciting — but action is what turns them into something real.

Thank you.

Sarah Wingfield
Actor • Writer • Producer
IMDb.me/SarahWingfield 🎬

#MyCreepyCafe #FilmIndustry #IndependentFilm #Filmmaking #Actors #Writers #Producers #CreativeIndustry #RealWork #SupportIndieFilm #MakeItHappen

Alt text: Black-and-white My Creepy Café logo featuring a grinning skull in a top hat, with two crossed brooms behind it. Beneath the skull, bold text reads “MY CREEPY CAFÉ,” with “KAWAIIDOLLDECORA.UK” underneath. The design is shown over a dark grey checkerboard-style background.

Popular posts from this blog

Vulnerable Disabled Woman Silenced by Police After False Allegations, Caught on Film:

Santa Tours Newton Aycliffe:

Let the truth free: