I Care Because I Know What It Means to Need Support

I Care Because I Know What It Means to Need Support:




I Care Because I Know What It Means to Need Support

I restarted blogging while I was pregnant, but my instinct to advocate for others started long before that.

For most of my life, I have spoken up when something felt unfair, harmful or inaccessible. I have raised awareness of disability, challenged barriers, supported people through difficult situations and tried to use my experiences to create something positive.

This collage holds so many chapters of my life.

It shows pregnancy and motherhood. It shows disability, mobility aids and moments when simply getting through the day required determination. It shows hospital visits and the years in which I supported my son through Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. It also shows campaigning, protest, awareness work and the gradual development of the advocate I am today.

Behind every photograph is a story.

Some are filled with love and joy. Others represent fear, exhaustion, pain and circumstances I would never wish upon another person.

Supporting a child through cancer changes you. Living with disabling conditions changes you. Being forced to fight repeatedly for dignity, understanding, access and appropriate support changes you too.

I have endured experiences that many people may struggle to understand or comprehend. I do not expect everyone to know what it feels like to live through the things I have faced.

I do, however, believe that people should care.

We should care when somebody is struggling.

We should care when disabled people are excluded, dismissed or left without support.

We should care when families are frightened, exhausted and trying to hold themselves together through illness.

We should care when systems that are supposed to help people create further barriers instead.

My experiences have not made me want others to suffer simply because I did. They have made me determined to prevent as much suffering as possible.

When suffering can be prevented, I want to help prevent it.

When it cannot be prevented, I want to make sure people are supported through it.

Nobody should have to feel completely alone while facing illness, disability, trauma, discrimination or circumstances beyond their control. Sometimes practical action is needed. Sometimes somebody needs advocacy. Sometimes they simply need to be heard and believed.

That is why I continue to write.

It is why I raise awareness.

It is why I protest, campaign and challenge harmful attitudes.

It is why I support people, share resources and use my platforms to amplify experiences that are too often ignored.

My advocacy does not come from theory alone. It comes from lived experience, motherhood, fear, survival, love and the knowledge that compassion can make an unbearable situation feel slightly less lonely.

I cannot undo what my son and I have endured.

I cannot remove every barrier or prevent every person from experiencing pain.

But I can use what I have learned.

I can turn painful experiences into awareness.

I can turn survival into purpose.

I can use my voice to challenge injustice and help somebody else feel less alone.

I have come an incredibly long way, but I have never forgotten the person I was during the hardest moments—or how much genuine support mattered.

That is what continues to fuel me.

I care because I understand what it means to need somebody to care.

Others should care too.

Sarah Wingfield ❤️
Actor • Author • Advocate
KawaiiDollDecora.uk


#SarahWingfield #ActorAuthorAdvocate #DisabilityAdvocate #DisabilityAwareness #LivedExperience #MotherhoodJourney #CancerParent #ChildhoodCancerAwareness #AcuteLymphoblasticLeukaemia #ALLAwareness #DisabilityRights #ChronicIllnessAwareness #AccessibilityMatters #AdvocacyMatters #CompassionMatters #SupportMatters #NoOneShouldSufferAlone #TurningPainIntoPurpose #Resilience #PositiveChange #KawaiiDollDecora

Alt text:

A large personal photo collage documenting Sarah Wingfield’s journey through pregnancy, motherhood, disability, campaigning and supporting her son through Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. The photographs include hospital visits, loving mother-and-child moments, pregnancy portraits, wheelchair and mobility-scooter use, a newspaper feature about a disabling condition, disability-rights protests and Sarah holding a sign reading “No ifs, buts or cuts.” The collage reflects caregiving, resilience, lived experience and a longstanding commitment to disability awareness and advocacy.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the truth free:

Santa Tours Newton Aycliffe:

Vulnerable Disabled Woman Silenced by Police After False Allegations, Caught on Film: