Publicly Muted, Warned and Embarrassed for Discussing My Legal Medication:

Publicly Muted, Warned and Embarrassed for Discussing My Legal Medication -Not a safe space afterall:





I came across a creator who appeared to be doing amazing work promoting independent music. A song about cannabis was literally playing during the livestream—yet when I mentioned that I am legally prescribed medical cannabis in the UK, she publicly muted me.

When I challenged the behaviour as discrimination, she then publicly warned me in front of everyone.

I had broken no laws or clearly stated rules. I was discussing medication legally prescribed to treat my disabilities—not promoting illegal drug use.

To publicly single out, silence and embarrass a disabled person for speaking about their lawful medication is unacceptable. Cannabis was apparently acceptable as entertainment in a song, but not when a disabled medical-cannabis patient spoke about the reality of using it.

I have since left and blocked the creator. I will not remain in spaces where disabled people are publicly humiliated, silenced or treated as problems for discussing their healthcare.

I stand with disabled people, medical-cannabis patients and everyone challenging stigma and discrimination.

Disabled people should not have to hide their medication to be treated with dignity.

Sarah Wingfield
Independent Disability Advocate
KawaiiDollDecora.uk

#DisabilityAdvocacy #DisabledRights #MedicalCannabis #CannabisIsMedicine #DisabilityDiscrimination 

Alt text: Screenshot of a TikTok livestream titled “Savage & Sensitive Music Reviews.” A pink-haired woman wearing glasses and headphones sits behind a microphone against purple lighting. A promotional banner above advertises free, VIP, Gold, Quick Play and Verified Artist music-submission options. Comments from KawaiiDollDecora read: “I’ve not broken any rules or laws” and “I don’t appreciate discrimination good luck everyone. leaving ❤️.” A notice at the bottom says the live may contain AI-generated content.







Popular posts from this blog

Santa Tours Newton Aycliffe:

Vulnerable Disabled Woman Silenced by Police After False Allegations, Caught on Film:

Let the truth free: