Growth starts with Accountability:

Remember: Growth starts with accountability.



I have never been diagnosed with, or experienced, paranoia.

I also experience no side effects from my prescribed medical cannabis, none, which I use exactly as directed to manage chronic pain. My treatment is well documented and monitored by the medical professionals involved in my care.

Ignorant assumptions are part of the problem.

When someone leads with assumptions instead of curiosity, facts rarely change their mind because they weren't interested in the facts to begin with.

Yes, I'm still annoyed about yesterday. I'm human, and I'm doing my best. That's all any of us can do.

Sometimes it's okay to admit you got something wrong. I know I do. I'm proud I fix myself when I'm the issue and when others don't want resolution, like I do - I step away.

Accountability means caring enough to reflect, apologise when necessary, and do better. 

An apology isn't just words; it includes changed behaviour. 

Real resolution matters.

Unfortunately, that hasn't been my experience with some of the people I've encountered lately.

Rather than asking questions or looking at evidence, assumptions seem to come first—often leading people to be dismissive, judgemental or unnecessarily unkind.

At some point, people need to stop trying to diagnose strangers they don't know and start asking themselves why they're so comfortable making harmful assumptions about lives they've never lived.

They also need to stop presenting themselves as experts on conditions while dismissing the lived experiences of the very people who have them. I'm always happy to learn, be corrected when I'm wrong, and keep educating myself. Learning never stops, and as an advocate I need to keep up to date on all legislation and changes.

It's especially frustrating when people are willing to listen to everyone else, yet shut you down.

By doing that, they deny themselves the opportunity to hear the facts, see the evidence, or understand another perspective. 

Sometimes they've already chosen a side in something that didn't even have sides to begin with.

That's how bias thrives.

It's not difficult:

Ask for evidence.
Fact-check.
Analyse.
Listen.

That's a far more logical approach than jumping to conclusions.

This is also why I'm stepping away from certain people, groups and spaces. 

I'm tired of my words being twisted, my clarifications being ignored, and being told who I am by people who have never taken the time to actually know me.

I'm too old, too busy and too tired for the ego, hypocrisy, projection and the constant need some people have to be "right."

Some people are just... fkn crazy.
And that's all there is to it.

I can't change other people. I can only change how much access they have to me.

If anyone still believes I'm the person I was a year ago, they're looking at an outdated version of me. 

Growth changes people. 

I've built healthy friendships, a strong support network, and I've put the work into becoming someone I'm genuinely proud of. I help others and uplift and avoid and step away from toxicity.

The support I receive today reflects the support I put out into the world, and I'm grateful for the reciprocality. ~Always.

I know my worth, I am blessed, and I've finally got to a point in my life where I'm actually living again, not just enduring.

I won't let anyone steal my happiness. 😊✨

Sarah Wingfield ❤️
KawaiiDollDecora.uk

#Neurodivergent #ActuallyAutistic #MedicalCannabis #DisabilityAdvocate #PersonalGrowth #Boundaries #Accountability #StopTheStigma #BelieveEvidence #SarahWingfield

Alt text:
A minimalist motivational graphic on a black background with soft pink and white typography. At the top, the words "FIGHT Like A GIRL" appear in large pink capital letters with "Like" in elegant white script. Beneath is the quote: "The people best placed to understand me are those willing to listen, not those who've never experienced what I've lived through." A delicate pink line-art flower decorates the bottom left corner, while a small heart logo reading "Kawaii Doll Decora" appears in the top right. At the bottom, a pink handwritten-style signature reads "Sarah Wingfield", followed by the titles "Actress | Author | Advocate" and the website KawaiiDollDecora.uk in pink. The overall design is clean, elegant and empowering, using a black, blush pink and white colour palette.




Popular posts from this blog

The Aviator:

Let the truth free:

Santa Tours Newton Aycliffe: