Nova Consilia Centre:
Re: Nova Consilia Centre:
I can't honestly support this start-up organisation due to a direct conflict of interest.
The organisation's founder is involved in an ongoing police-reported cyberstalking and harassment matter concerning me.
As saddening as this is, safeguarding always has to come first.
To avoid a conflict of interest and in the interests of safeguarding, I cannot approve or promote content relating to this organisation.
Thank you for your understanding.
Sarah Wingfield
Actor • Author • Advocate
KawaiiDollDecora.uk
#safeguarding #community #novaconsilia #darlington
Alt text:
A cropped screenshot of a Facebook post preview from the Nova Consilia Centre page, shared by CJC Barbers. The preview headline reads, "HELP US OPEN DARLINGTON'S COMMUNITY CAFÉ" in large bold text, surrounded by coffee cup and sparkle emojis. A blue "Join" button appears beside the page name at the top.
UPDATE: for clarification:
To those angry-reacting or laughing—which is even worse:
I am not asking anyone else to stop supporting this organisation. I am, however, absolutely asking that safeguarding concerns be taken seriously.
I noticed the angry and laughing reactions to my post, and I want to explain why they are so upsetting.
I am a rape survivor. Sarah has repeatedly shared copyrighted material from my blog concerning a support group that, in my experience, failed to safeguard me following the assault.
She has also made comments about my SEND child that I believe are inaccurate and has repeatedly circulated a Community Protection Notice that I maintain arose from false allegations.
The wider matter has been reported to the police and remains ongoing.
Whatever anyone thinks of me personally, I hope we can all agree that survivors of sexual violence deserve dignity, respect and appropriate safeguarding.
I do not expect everyone to like or agree with me, but safeguarding concerns should not be mocked, dismissed or reduced to angry or laughing reactions. Safeguarding is something I care deeply about, both personally and through my advocacy work.
Some of her actions, and those of people associated with her, have also led to safeguarding concerns involving children in care. These concerns were raised by Durham County Council and have been logged by DCC.
I do not condone harm, and I retain evidence supporting the statements I have made.
Please understand that my decision not to promote this organisation is a personal safeguarding boundary. It does not prevent anybody else from making their own decision.
Harmful behaviour should never be condoned, particularly where an organisation works with vulnerable adults, children or sensitive information.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Sarah Wingfield ❤️
#Safeguarding #SurvivorRights #SEND #Accountability #HumanRights
