Job applications getting sillier and sillier:

 Since when did you have to change silly profile info when you've actually applied for a volunteer position, this world makes no sense, no wonder people hire the wrong people, twine won't let free accounts apply for jobs if the free limit is reached and reach volunteering, despite me stating I'd volunteer from home and filling out the whole application for a position that seemed interesting, won't take my application until I change my profile from paid voluntary work to unpaid.


I prefer paid so I'm leaving it as paid. 

( I need paid!! )


If I apply for a volunteering role that's unpaid that means I made that decision to apply, there's absolutely no need to reject a whole application that's separate from a profile, just because of a preference for paid work.


We need to survive!


With the system like this, I apply mostly on indeed but Rishi thinks getting a job is easy, he hasn't a clue about the rigmarole of applications, to be honest some jobs are pretty quick to apply, CV, brief information and boom, voila! Done!


Others take personality tests, assessments, won't take CV so you have to spend three hours copying and pasting information from your CV to separate little boxes of education and employment experience, and we don't get paid to waste our time like this.


The hiring processes that some companies have really are preventing them from hiring potential and suitable candidates because of the way the system is set up.


I also hate the yes and no questions with no other options and no note boxes because sometimes they're not even applicable to the role and sometimes the answer isn't yes OR no. Lol. Just an example.


...and people wonder why the disabled struggle to get a job, any abled bodied person would be tired of this rigmarole nevermind people with conditions that prefer to use their time more proficiently than wasting time on employers that can't even accept a CV or think that they can put you through assessments after assessments for free when its unlikely you'll even get the job due to disability stigma.


This needs to change and I'm shocked at Reach Volunteering tbh, rejecting a whole application and won't accept until the profile changes to unpaid.


I'm allowed to apply for unpaid work, it's stated that it's unpaid, I can read, but I don't want to change my preferences in case I get approached by a paid position.


So if they want to not even take a look at my application because I prefer paid work then that's not even anything to do with me to be honest lol.


All anyone can do is apply. Try and try again.


I'm sick to death of forms now and I'm focusing on my sole tradership, if a decent employer arises with part time or flexible work then I'll apply but I'm tired of the silly office politics that's oozing out of companies and contaminating their hiring processes.


The world needs a shake, that's for sure!


I'm posting goodies today from my Etsy and despite the rain I'm going to try and make it into town today and see the All Disabilities Matter group at the cafe.


I work non-stop constantly, making progress on each project under my wing, on top of building my own business plan, naps in-between when needed and when to do lists have been crossed off, and I am sick of wasting precious time, draining my precious energy, on things that make it unnecessarily harder than they should be! It's just silly and a complete waste of time.


Atleast I know my worth, my skills, my abilities and I know how to use them to my best advantage despite disability. 


I deserve paid work because I deserve to become independent from the system that's constantly attacking disabled people and even my friends that I hang with said I do brilliant with everything I put my mind to, I'm so fast on my phone and the quality of my work is such a high standard, they don't even understand why no one, employer wise, is taking advantage of my skillset or abilities.


I considered this unpaid voluntary position but if they're going to be funny with me over profile preferences then I'm sure they're such a 'joy' to work for and I'd rather not be around toxicity or ignorance or people who can't understand preferences.


I'm tired, I'm miffed, and I'm definitely NOT useless so all I can do is focus on making my own waves in this world and eventually once I get transportation I can do more marketing and get liability insurance and travel to markets to network and sell goods.


Let's hope I can afford a motability car, once I send off for my new provisional, just waiting for the forms now.


I just want to use my skills and be paid fairly for them, I don't understand why that's so hard to do in modern day society and why it's even harder and nigh-on impossible for the disabled.


Even when I was doing a Google meet workshop yesterday, I made some jewellery for my store, and hopefully sometime soon, I'll get more logo design work. πŸ™πŸΌ✨


S. xoxo


@KawaiiDollDecora ♡

www.magnoliaphotography.co.uk ♡




Popular posts from this blog

NEWTON PRESS review : Blacklisting:

A weight has finally be lifted:

Hacked, Stickers, Betrayal and Pride: